- Are you an entrepreneurial and collaborative leader in the Energy Market with a deep understanding of science/technology?
- Lead the CSIRO Energy to develop and deliver science and technology solutions that enable the Australia’s energy transition.
- Join CSIRO as an integral member of the leadership team.
As Australia’s energy transition catalyst CSIRO Energy aims to deliver science and technology solutions that will enhance Australia’s economic competitiveness and regional energy security – while enabling the transition to a net zero emissions future.
The role of Director, CSIRO Energy presents an important opportunity to play a lead role in Australia’s energy transition creating impact within Australia and across the globe.
This successful applicant will have a deep understanding of the Energy market with a track record in driving research strategy that supports industry and government. The role requires a visionary leader with experience in managing portfolios of projects and people within the research and development domain. The Director will be a member of the CSIRO Leadership team and have outstanding collaboration and communications skills.
Your duties will include:
Building on the team's success, oversee and implement the Energy Strategy.
Lead the business unit to develop and realise its science vision in partnership with stakeholders and science partners.
Attract, develop and retain world class talent that will meet current and future needs.
Empower staff with sufficient autonomy to pursue innovative science and technology that encourages the creative exchange of ideas within the context of the broader CSIRO and business unit or Energy strategic plan and vision
- Engagement and partnerships
Drive commercial outcomes through the transfer of research and technology into commercial and societal benefits.
Develop and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders, clients and partners to ensure alignment of the business unit's activities with the needs of the nation.
Lead and manage the business unit's people, financial resources, , infrastructure and research assets to ensure their effective and efficient use.
Secure a pipeline of opportunities aligned with national priorities that delivers a sustainable financial future.
Location: Melbourne, VIC, Brisbane, QLD, or Newcastle, NSW
Salary: An attractive remuneration package will be offered including up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Established credibility and respect in the Energy domain with evidence of effective leadership of a world-class research capability commensurate with the scale of the Energy business unit (~400 staff and affiliates). Postgraduate qualification in relevant field is mandatory.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that expands growth opportunities, drives commercial outcomes, and delivers national impact.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world-class talent and to promote well-being and foster creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrated track record in leading a complex, multi-site and large-scale operation including managing financial and physical resources and creating a safe and healthy workplace.
- Established track record of building, driving and embedding cultural change and effective change management.
- Strong leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to unite disparate groups.
- Values and behaviours are exemplary, and actively promotes cross-organisation collaboration.
To be eligible for this position you must be willing and able to undertake significant domestic and international travel.
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to National police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Do not apply for this role online. Terri Ward from Towardco is assisting CSIRO with the search. All applications and enquiries should be directed via email to Terri Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 66225 in the subject line.
Applications should include your CV and a statement of no more than two pages outlining how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for this role.
5pm 14 April 2020