- Do you have good data analysis and interpretation skills?
- Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment?
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
As the CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) Project Officer - Environmental Data, you will manage the capture, analysis and reporting of CSIRO’s operational environmental performance data. You will liaise with a variety of stakeholders to ensure environmental performance data is robust, accurate and supports CSIRO’s business decision-making.
You will be a member of the CSIRO Environmental Sustainability Team – this team coordinates the implementation of our Carbon strategy and associated environmental projects and manages the reporting of our environmental performance data to internal and external stakeholders.
Your duties will include
- Environmental data management including:
- Coordinating and maintaining CSIRO's environmental performance datasets and implementing effective processes to capture, upload and report on environmental data.
- Working with key stakeholders to establish and maintain processes that enable the capture, analysis and maintenance of new, modified and existing environmental datasets.
- Environmental reporting including:
- Analysing CSIRO's environmental performance data to identify trends and opportunities for energy, water or waste efficiency improvements.
- Collating, analysing and providing relevant high-quality environmental reports to stakeholders.
- Championing the use and value of available environmental performance data to key stakeholders.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain) ACT or Melbourne (Clayton) VIC preferred, other locations by negotiation
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in data management, IT software solutions, business analyst skills or environmental sustainability field.
- Experience in the configuration and maintenance of web-based data management systems and processes, data integration, data integrity and data quality requirements.
- Proven data analysis and interpretation skills, and a good working knowledge of data visualisation techniques and approaches.
- A history of identifying and evaluating data improvement opportunities that optimise environmental data outcomes for stakeholders and manage key risks.
- Good communication, project and time management skills.
- To be able to travel domestically as required.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.