- Get hands-on research experience
- Access CSIRO's world-class facilities
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Scholarship today!
Our Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO scientists in our world class facilities.
Students will be able to work on a real world project and expand their skills and knowledge while exploring ways to solve a real world problem. Placements are full time and will be from 8 to 12 weeks duration between 25 November 2019 and 21 February 2020 (although there may be some flexibility).
Participation in the Vacation Scholarship Program has influenced previous scholarship holders in their choice of further study and future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD in CSIRO or to build a successful research career within CSIRO, a university or industry.
At CSIRO Energy, we are pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households and provide the knowledge which will help guide Australia towards a smart, secure energy future. For more information please see our website at Energy.
Projects: Energy has 20 projects available, for details please see the project list (link to Excel file)
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Brisbane, QLD or Melbourne, VIC (refer to list of projects above for specific details)
Scholarship: $1,559.85 per fortnight
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled at an Australian university;
- have completed at least three years of a full-time undergraduate course (however exceptional second year students may be considered);
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher); and
- Intend to go on to honours and/or postgraduate study.
To apply for a Vacation Scholarship you will be required to:
- submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter (as one document) in the ‘Resume/CV’ field which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you and how your skills/knowledge meet the project requirements; and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and how this program will help you achieve them.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Cover Letter’ field;
- in the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list;
- in the ‘Job-Specific Information’ section select your preferred research projects in order of preference; and your Grade Point Average (GPA).
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
5 August 2019