- Do you have an understanding of concentrated solar technology?
- Use your skills and provide leadership to our technical program
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Chief Technologist for the Australian Solar Thermal Research Institute (ASTRI)
As the successful applicant, you will lead the implementation of the technical vision and strategy for ASTRI’s research program and provide leadership to the technical program. You will guide project leaders to deliver outcomes and impact through mission directed, multi-disciplinary and collaborative science and technology projects aligned to the goals of ASTRI.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of the research strategy, in conjunction with the ASTRI leadership team, including ensuring that ASTRI projects are appropriately targeted to key priorities, technically feasible, relevant, collaborative and include practical path-to-market strategies and plans.
- Build strategic relationships with the local Australian and international research community.
- Provide support to the ASTRI Director in managing the technical program of ASTRI with the Funding Agreement.
Location: Pullenvale QLD, Newcastle NSW, Clayton VIC or Canberra ACT
Salary: AU$131K - AU$145K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Term until April 2022
To be successful you will need:
- Established reputation and credibility in the relevant science and/or impact domain with evidence of effective world-class science, research and/or innovation leadership.
- Evidence of successful development and leadership of scientific vision and strategy at the scale of relevant research program.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 19 August 2018