Postdoctoral Fellow in Thin film Photovoltaics
- Are you interested in Thin film Photovoltaics?
- Make an impact - explore photo-physical and electrochemical processes
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Postdoctoral Fellowships. These fellowships provide experience that will enhance career prospects and facilitate the development of potential leaders for CSIRO.
Owing to the terms of the fellowship, candidates must not have more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of relevant full time postdoctoral experience.
CSIRO Energy is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to explore photo-physical and electrochemical processes that underpin the performance of thin-film perovskite photovoltaic devices to contribute to a broader research program in understanding the device/structure correlation of this emerging and exciting PV technology.
The successful applicant will undertake experimental studies to benchmark device efficiency against those reported in the scientific literature, identify scope and improvements in the methodologies of device measurement and provide a detailed understanding of best practice in determining accurate device performance under initial supervision of senior research scientists.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Plan and carry out research that contributes and expands on existing thin-film photovoltaic research within the Solar Energy Systems Group.
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research in photovoltaics measurement.
Location: Newcastle NSW
Salary: AU $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Physics, Electrical Engineering, Physical Chemistry or other relevant to Photovoltaics.
- Detailed knowledge of mechanisms that influence photovoltaic device behaviour and methods to probe the characteristics of these mechanisms.
- Experience with photovoltaic characterisation methods and systems particularly current voltage and spectral response characterisation measurements including a sound understanding of the underlying measurement principles of these techniques.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Our Business Unit: CSIRO Energy aims to deliver by 2020 technology options and science that will enhance Australia’s economic competitiveness and regional energy security while enabling the transition to a lower emissions energy future.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions. Where text responses are required, to avoid being timed out of the system we recommend that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the appropriate spot prior to submitting your application.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 5th November 2017