- Are you a highly motivated recent (or near) PhD graduate with expertise in energy storage devices?
- Prestigious Postdoctoral Fellowship on offer - kick-start your research career
- Be a part of a top performing team at CSIRO Manufacturing
Postdoctoral Fellowships at CSIRO provide opportunities to scientists and engineers, who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships will help launch their careers, provide experience that will enhance their career prospects, and facilitate the recruitment and development of potential leaders for CSIRO.
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
Under the guidance of a Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to work on an exciting project and develop world-class expertise in cutting-edge materials, manufacturing, and energy storage systems. The project focuses on high-energy-density aqueous supercapacitors and you will develop the capability required to design, operate and test the devices. In addition, you will be provided with a tailored training and development program as part of CSIRO’s postdoctoral program
Some of your duties will include:
- Synthesizing graphene-based 3D hybrid electrodes using plasma-based processes and developing compatible high-potential-window aqueous electrolytes.
- Assembling and testing the aqueous supercapacitors in coin cells and/or pouch cells and evaluating their performance in a broad techno-socio-economic context.
- Studying the charge storage mechanism at the electrode-electrolyte interface.
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Undertaking regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
Location: Sydney (Lindfield), NSW, Australia
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Specifically you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in electrolytes, separators, and electrode materials (particularly graphene and metal oxides) of energy storage devices.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, integration, test and performance evaluation of energy storage devices such as supercapacitors and batteries in coin cells and/or pouch cells.
- Excellent understanding of the charge storage mechanisms in electrochemical systems.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, Sunday 12th November, 2017