PhD Top-up Scholarship - Advancing High Temperature Solar Thermal Storage Technology
- Undertake innovative R&D in advancing solar thermal storage science & technology
- Benefit from the mentorship of leaders in the field.
- Join CSIRO Energy's National Solar Energy Centre team.
CSIRO Energy’s National Solar Energy Centre (NSEC) in Newcastle conducts world class research and development related to advanced solar processes and technology. We are seeking a self-motivated and innovative PhD student to join the research team to undertake research studies in the area of high temperature solar thermal energy storage.
You will join an exciting, interdisciplinary team in advancing solar thermal storage science and technology in partnership with the Australian Solar Thermal Research Initiative (ASTRI). Ideally you will have strong knowledge and skills in engineering, mathematics, process simulation and/or computational modeling related to thermal processes involving solid materials.
Areas of research aligned with the specific CSIRO solar thermal storage projects may include:
• Novel thermal processes and energy storage systems (engineering and physics)
• Process dynamic simulation and integration (engineering and process simulation)
• Particulate flow and dynamic behaviour including experimental and advanced computational modelling (engineering, physics and mathematics)
Salary: $7.5K per annum top-up for holders of an Australian Postgraduate Award, enrolled in a PhD degree program.
Tenure: Specified Term of (up to) 3 year term (concordant with existing APA or scholarship)
To be successful you need:
- To hold (or expect to gain) an Australian Postgraduate Scholarship or equivalent, and be accepted as a PhD student at an Australian University.
- Not be in full-time employment, and must not be subject to an obligation to a third party to provide that party with rights to any IP created in the course of their degree.
The four criteria on which your application will be assessed are:
- Quality and relevance of student project
- Academic calibre
- Availability of appropriate university supervision
- Potential to support directions of the research area
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE - We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE!
Our Business Unit: We are pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households and provide the knowledge which will help guide Australia towards a smart, secure energy future.
How to Apply: Applicants must address the core selection criteria (project details, academic calibre and research prospects) in your resume. Evidence of academic results is also required.
To view the full position details and selection criteria click here: Position Details
Applications Close: Open until filled.