- Take a key role in changing an entire industry - using CSIRO science to set the direction for the once in a lifetime transition of our electricity industry
- Lead internationally recognised technologists, working at the interface of cutting edge research and industry needing immediate solutions
- See your work have international impact - making a difference to millions of Australians
This role will lead CSIRO’s multi-disciplinary research team that is providing solutions to the challenges facing the changing electricity sector. This work ranges from development of new grid-side technologies, to modelling and analysis of the future of Australia’s electricity sector, to social science aimed at understanding consumer drivers and behaviour. The role will include setting CSIRO’s research agenda in the area of electricity grids and renewable energy integration, leading major deployment programs with industry partners, securing commercial revenue from CSIRO’s research efforts, and working with multiple industry stakeholders to secure agreement on the industry’s future.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to lead the development and growth of CSIRO’s electricity grids and renewable energy integration applied research, development and commercialisation activities in Australia and internationally. The position is responsible for research leadership and execution, industry partnerships, delivery of major projects, and securing commercial revenue from CSIRO’s research. It is an opportunity to make a difference, and have genuinely national impact.
Location: Negotiable but with Newcastle, NSW location preferred
Salary: $127K - $141K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
To be successful you will need:
- Qualifications in Business, Engineering or Economics; and significant experience and depth of understanding of applied research, innovation and commercialisation from either a research or industry background.
- Extensive knowledge of, and network of contacts within, electricity industry organisations such as electricity utilities, regulators, government policy units, or relevant technology providers.
- The performance of a thought leader - the demonstrated ability to develop a compelling strategic vision and lead its delivery.
- Proven ability to engage senior decision makers, present complex proposals in a cogent and persuasive manner and gain support and funding for mutually beneficial initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving or exceeding financial targets through business development and internal project management.
- Ability to assemble large multi-disciplinary teams with multiple stakeholders.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
We are pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households and provide the knowledge which will help guide Australia towards a smart, secure energy future.
Find out more! http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/EF
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring that you have provided enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 26 February 2017