• Band 6 ($82,027-$88,760) + 9.5% superannuation
• Temporary Full Time (until 30/6/2022)
• Nunawading location
• Work in a newly created role!
This newly created position will assist in the delivery of Council’s Waste Management Strategy 2018-2028 and kerbside waste management services so that Council’s environmental and service goals are achieved. These include minimising waste to landfill, leading the community and responding to modern waste challenges.
The successful applicant will possess:
1. Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Environmental Science/Management or a similar field, combined with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in waste or environmental projects or project management is required.
3. Demonstrated experience in waste management and the delivery and supervision of service contracts.
4. Excellent communication, problem solving and influencing skills, and well-developed customer service skills.
5. Strong understanding of key environmental sustainability issues, such as waste avoidance and minimisation, resource recovery, recycling, and waste processing.
Further information regarding this position is available from Melanie Kerr on 9262 6376. Applications must address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close Sunday 23 June 2019. To apply, please click 'Apply Now' or visit https://whitehorse.mercury.com.au.