CitiPower and Powercor Australia are electricity distributors and supply power to more than one million Victorians. We own and manage the technology - poles, wires, meters and distributed technologies such as storage - that deliver electricity to homes and businesses within Melbourne’s CBD, its suburbs and across central and western Victoria.
About CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy are electricity distributors and supply power to more than 1.8 million Victorian homes and businesses. We own and manage the network (commonly known as the “poles, and wires”), that delivers electricity to homes and businesses within: Melbourne’s CBD and inner suburbs; across central and western Victoria; and the Mornington Peninsula
About the role:
This is a senior role within our organisation which will report directly to the General Manager, Strategy and Customer Group. We work in a high risk and highly regulated environment. We have a very strong focus on compliance to ensure: the safety of our workforce and the public; all of our license and broader regulatory obligations are met; and our shareholder governance standards are adopted.
You will manage and drive the internal audit function within the core business (CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy) and a related entity (Wellington Electricity). You will be leading a well-established internal audit team taking responsibility for reviewing the performance objectives and impact of a variety of financial and managerial programs in conformance with the Group policies and procedures.
You will have highly developed problem solving and communication skills. You will be able to engage with people across all levels of the organisation, Board members and external partners. You will be self-motivated and a strong people leader.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare the internal audit plans for the respective companies based on the risk profiles
- Direct strategic, governance, operational, financial and IT audits
- Manage investigations, including whistleblower investigations
- Perform audits in accordance with the requirements of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Prepare progress reports for the Executive Management Team
- Liaise with external auditors, outsourcing parties and parent company auditors to eliminate duplication of audit effort across the business
- Provide expertise in internal control and business process improvement to the organisation and advise on the development of new processes and procedures
- Conduct high quality audits and provide timely value-added feedback to management and Audit Committee
- Liaise with the wider business on an ongoing bases to enhance business knowledge and ensure risk are identified
- Act as a role model and provide guidance to the audit team and foster a culture of change
Required skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification – business or commerce related
- Membership of major accounting body eg. ICAA or CPA.
- Membership of Institute of Internal Auditors desirable
- Accountancy/auditing experience preferred
- Strong analytical, reporting, business writing and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with management and employees
- Proven management skills to deliver projects on budget, time and quality
- Experience in actively supporting change and encouraging others to accept change
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and communicating clearly at executive level.
- SAP experience desirable
- Demonstrate competency in strategic thinking, communication and leadership
- Strong senior management experienct in leading an internal audit function
Your career with CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy:
When you join our business, your work-life balance and career development are high priorities. We place emphasis on your development through diverse training programs, leadership courses and internal opportunities.
If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity please submit your application by C.O.B 18th September, 2020