Energy Optimisation Specialist - HVACR - [Archived Advertisement]
Woolworths Group (View other jobs from this organisation)
Energy Optimisation Specialist - HVACR
- Utilise your refrigeration/HVAC technical capability to maximise energy efficiency opportunities for Woolworths Group
- Join an industry leading team and support stores nationally
- Sydney or Melbourne based with hybrid working
Welcome to Woolworths 360
We're the national team of 1,000 bright minds designing, developing and innovating the retail stores of the future across construction, operations, sustainability, data, refrigeration, and everything in between. United by a passion for bringing fresh food and great experiences to our customers every day, our ‘Best in, Better out' mentality guides our decisions and puts customers at the heart of all we do. Every day we're reimagining and reinventing our stores, innovating new fulfilment processes, and developing simpler, smarter and more sustainable solutions to future proof our network and fight for a healthier planet.
What you'll experience
Our Team Members are at the heart of everything we do and we're always looking for ways to support your career journey and reward great work:
- A progressive and flexible ‘work from anywhere' policy that gives you control over your work, life and wellbeing.
- Team discounts across our range of Woolworths Group brands you know and love and a robust rewards program that celebrates and incentivises purpose-driven work.
- A global business with endless career possibilities around every corner and across every discipline - with valuable exposure to a vast and exciting business network.
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus + laptop/phone.
- A range of programs to help you prioritise and manage your wellbeing, including a competitive leave policy and 24/7 access to the Sonder app.
What you'll do
The purpose of the Energy Optimisation Specialist HVACR, is to utilise their technical capability primarily in relation to HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) and refrigeration systems to identify, develop and deliver energy efficiency capital initiatives and to develop, refine and utilise data and analytics tools to maximise energy efficiency opportunities for Woolworths Group. As a key member of the Woolworths Energy Team, this role is accountable for driving stakeholder engagement and management, using all resources available to them to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
In the role, your responsibilities will be:
- Development, refinement and utilisation of data and analytics tools to maximise energy efficiency opportunities for Woolworths Group.
- Identification, development and delivery of energy efficiency capital initiatives, primarily HVAC equipment and refrigeration systems.
- All facets of project delivery in relation to deployment of capital initiatives in new and existing stores, offices, CFCs and other sites.
- Identify, initiate and deliver energy and greenhouse minimisation strategies focusing on lifecycle cost reductions.
- Provide 360 Facilities Management field team with technical support in relation to HVAC systems
What you'll bring
Beneficial to your success in this role will be:
- At least 10 years experience within commercial HVAC and / or refrigeration industry, or building management systems, preferably as a commissioner of control systems for this equipment
- Experience in an energy management capacity in a retail environment would be advantageous
- Experience in BI, energy reporting, statistical or analytical tools would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience managing external service providers.
- Retail or FMCG experience
- Understanding of national and global greenhouse and sustainability issues.
- Excellent project management skills, specifically in project initiation, documentation and implementation management.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, controls automation, mechanical services or a related trade discipline, and / or equivalent experience, including energy management
Everyone belongs at Woolworths Group
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are key to realising our purpose of better together for a better tomorrow. We recognise the value our team's diversity brings to our business, our customers and our communities, and that teams with diverse experiences and backgrounds enrich our group and are better able to innovate and solve problems. As one of the largest employers in Australia and New Zealand, we aim to create a truly inclusive workplace where everyone feels that they belong, can be their best self and reach their full potential.
We encourage all candidates to apply, please let us know in your application if we can support you with any adjustments in the hiring process.
See how we're creating better experiences together, for a better tomorrow
Discover more opportunities with Woolworths Group.
- Work Type:
Building Services/Power Systems