Health, Safety & Environment Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health, Safety & Environment Manager
- Deliver dynamic HSE Management for our power stations and projects
- Join a high performing and collaborative team environment
- Based in, Sydney CBD with a National focus
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join our Merchant Energy team in this full time, permanent position. Reporting to the General Manager, Power Generation, this role provides functional leadership, expert guidance, and support in relation to OH&S strategy, plans, policies, standards and guidelines within Power Generation.
- Develop HSE policy, procedures, legislative requirements and maintain effective systems
- Monitor HSE performance and ensure safe systems of work exist to address hazards
- Demonstrate commitment to HSE through working with site teams to build safety leadership capability
- Provide specialist advice, interpretation, and counsel to line management in all HSE matters
- Recommend new or changes to existing HSE initiatives through audits and investigations to facilitate improvements in HSE outcomes
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in occupational health
- Work experience includes an operational position within heavy industry, preferably infrastructure or utilities
- Proven experience in developing strategic and operational HSE plans
- Demonstrated success creating innovative HSE solutions to complex problems in a changing industry environment
- Strong background in development and implementation of best practice HSE management systems
This is a great opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager who is looking to work with leadership and line managers to achieve Alinta Energy’s safety vision in a supportive, welcoming and professional environment.
- Staff energy discount Offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions. Alinta Energy takes the safety and wellbeing of our people seriously. We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to attend our workplaces.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
- Closing Date:
- 17 May 2022
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health & Safety