Business Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Hybrid working from the Perth or Melbourne office and work from home
- Critical role supporting various deliverables and projects across the business
- Collaborative team in a supportive and inclusive environment
Want a better job?
You’ll find it at Alinta Energy.
We’re making energy better for our more than 1.1 million customers – and we’re making work life better for our 1,000+ people too.
We believe in better
At Alinta Energy, we’re a friendly bunch working to be the best energy company. Our culture is collaborative, and our passion drives positive change for people and the planet.
Over the past decade, we’ve evolved from a Western Australian residential gas retailer to one of Australia’s largest energy retailers, generators, investors, and developers with infrastructure across Australia and New Zealand.
Australia’s energy system is undergoing the biggest transformation in its history and we’re right there with it.
Help us make energy better
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing and translating business needs into functional specifications and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects. You will have a natural flair for building stakeholder relationships and engagement and looking for an opportunity learn and share knowledge.
In this role, you’ll be:
- conducting comprehensive business process analysis from diverse sources such as operational data, multiple business stakeholder feedback and competitor details
- collaborating with stakeholders across the broader Retail Solutions team to gather and document business requirements and, in turn, develop detailed project plans, including timelines, resource requirements, and feasibility assessments.
- creating user stories and author acceptance criteria in collaboration with SMEs, developers & testers
- supporting investigations into IT operational incidents and assist with resolution, including root cause analysis.
Ideally, you’ll bring to the role:
- solid business analyst experience with exposure to sales fulfillment, billing & metering, payments, customer care, credit & collections, or commercial & industrial utilities
- experience working within a hybrid agile/waterfall delivery team in a continuous delivery environment
- experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment such as Financial Services, Health Care, Government or Education
- advanced skill set including process mapping, user story decomposition, epic definition and management and acceptance criteria scenario definition
- a desire to join a team who are collaborative, supportive and continually learning in their career
This is a great opportunity a strong Business Analyst to join our Technology team and contribute to Alinta’s continued growth and success. You will be part of an intimate business analysis community that promotes knowledge sharing and capability development.
Enjoy better benefits - check our website for the full list!
One of the best things about Alinta Energy is we discover better together. If you like the sound of that, and you’re a match for the role, we’d love to talk to you.
Alinta Energy. That’s better.
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer. We commit to respond to every applicant.
If your application progresses, we will need to complete background and pre-employment checks, such as immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks, and additional checks for roles related to finance.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.
Closing date: 27 November 2023
- Closing Date:
- 27 Nov 2023
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Information and Communications Technology