Group Safety Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Group Safety Manager
- National focus - Lead the safety function across the organisation
- Seeking a strategic leader who also enjoys “rolling up their sleeves”
- Permanent role - Flexible location
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
We are looking for an experienced Group Safety Manager to head up our Safety function and lead and drive a safety focus across the organisation and join the team on a permanent, full-time basis. Reporting to the General Manager, Safety and Sustainability, you will join a well-established and highly regarded team, where we have a sophisticated safety management system and defined processes in place.
In this diverse and varied role, you will be responsible for providing leadership, subject matter knowledge and best practice guidance on safety strategies, plans, policies, standards and guidelines. The role will lead a small team of safety support personnel. This is a diverse position in a small team so you will need to be willing and able to flex your communication and influencing skills at all levels within the organisation. You will be adept at preparing and delivering to the Board whilst being willing and able to roll your sleeves up to develop policies or learning materials, contribute your expertise in developing site specific risk assessments and mitigations or running an investigation, that’s what makes this such a unique and interesting position.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Partner with various stakeholders including Senior Managers and Executives, to implement HSE standards and define responsibilities
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to provide assurance to management and the board
- Provide and prepare regular reporting including, safety content for board reports and end of month requirements
- Drive and support health and wellbeing initiatives across the organisation
- Monitor applicable legislative changes and communicate to the business
- Drive and support a culture of Zero Harm
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar Safety leadership position
- A relevant Safety related qualification (degree qualification preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of incident and investigation procedure and regulatory requirements
- A proven ability to develop strong and effective stakeholder relationships at all levels across the business
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience in leading, coaching and developing a high performing team
- A strategic and collaborative mindset with the ability to prioritise work and achieve results and at the same time a positive attitude towards administrative tasks
- A passion for safety and the commitment to the delivery of zero harm outcomes
This is a great opportunity to lead the safety function, play a key role in providing expert safety advice and set the safety strategy /agenda across the organisation whilst working with a supportive leader. This varied position will see you collaborate and engage with various stakeholders across the business in an environment where safety is at the forefront of all interactions.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 2nd November 2021.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Nov 2021
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Occupational Health & Safety