People and Culture Strategic Business Partner - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
People and Culture Strategic Business Partner
- National Senior leadership role within an engaging and supportive team
- Seeking a strategic leader who also enjoys “rolling up their sleeves”
- Implement transformational change initiatives - Southbank, Melbourne
Alinta Energy is a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve been supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years. Today we’re a vertically integrated energy company, providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We also offer local customer service through our support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
Alinta Energy continues to support the development of renewable energy generation, with a 2025 target for 1,500MW of owned and contracted renewable energy generation nationally.
Reporting to the General Manager People and Culture who is part of the executive leadership team, this is a fantastic national senior leadership opportunity to partner with our largest and most exciting client group and really make a difference. In this permanent, full-time role, you will provide strategic people and culture advice and insights and lead a small team of P&C Advisors. This role will work closely with the Retail Markets business to understand their needs and to drive culture, capability and talent uplift. This will be achieved by applying a commercial lens when focussing on, talent management, engagement, leadership development, culture and employee relations.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Partner with the business to create and deliver the strategic P&C business plan aligned with the business strategy
- Build strong relationships to be a trusted advisor who provides solution-oriented advice
- Partner, influence and engage senior leaders to arrive at commercial outcomes
- Minimise risks by anticipating issues and addressing appropriately
- Initiate, implement, and lead transformation change strategies
- Undertake P&C projects and implement solutions
- Encourage the sharing of skills and experience within the P&C team and the business
- Implement and drive talent, succession and development planning
- Champion employee engagement and drive business aligned leadership actions to improve the employee experience
- Develop leadership and manager capability
To be successful you will have:
- An engaging and collaborative leadership style
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management or other related discipline
- Extensive human resources management experience at a senior leadership level
- An innovative thought leader with the ability to provide contemporary ideas
- An energetic and strategic HR professional who also enjoys rolling up their sleeves
- Experience in a fast moving, dynamic business where change is the norm
- Proven experience addressing capability gaps and lifting leadership capability
- Experience in talent management and aligning to development opportunities
- Experience in employee relations and restructure activities
- Strong HRIS systems and process focus
- Ability to develop strong, productive partnerships and engage key stakeholders
- Flexibility to travel interstate from time to time
This is a unique opportunity for a collaborative team player with infectious positive energy to join our P&C senior leadership team.
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 15th October 2021
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Oct 2021
- VIC - Southbank
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Human Resources/Change Management