Backend Developer - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- 12 Months Max-Term opportunity
- Melbourne Southbank location
- Bring your .NET development skills and be a part of innovative and supportive team
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for a Backend Developer to develop solutions within our Agile delivery team. This role will be responsible for the technical activities associated with delivering Back End Digital solutions which include estimation, software development, design, testing, including automation and support.
You will also support the continuous evolution of the Digital platform architecture in line with current technology and architectural patterns.
To be successful you will have
- Previous experience in Back End Development
- Experience in creating software using back-end technologies: .NET, .NET Core
- Extensive experience in API development
- Prior experience working in Agile teams working in Microservices based architecture
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with non-technical individuals
- An understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- A proven ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and understand and adapt new technologies within an existing environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience using analytics platforms such as Azure Application Insights or similar
- Previous experience in React-storybook will be an advantage
The ideal candidate will be extremely knowledgeable in Back End development, be eager to learn and can communicate effectively with developers, designers and broader digital teams.
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Nov 2020
- VIC - Southbank
- Work Type:
- Information and Communications Technology