Manager Customer Advocacy
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Customer Advocacy
- Join the industry leader in ombudsman matters
- Great team and opportunity to develop the team to the next level
- Southbank, Melbourne (initially working from home)
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Customer Advocacy to own ombudsman relationships and lead and develop the Advocacy team on a 12 month maternity leave cover contract. Reporting to the Manager Quality and Process Assurance, the primary objective of the role is to manage and assist the team in resolving retail customer complaints received via the Manila BPO and the ombudsman offices in all Eastern states’ markets. In addition, through the effective and efficient management of complaints you will proactively identify areas for process and policy improvement that mitigate Alinta Energy’s exposure to complaints and compliance risk and assist resolving these issues.
Key to achieving success in this role is ensuring the timely and efficient resolution of complaints. This is achieved through strong customer and stakeholder relationships (both internal & external) which includes working with these stakeholders to ensure both resolution of issues, and identification of areas for improvement.
Where regulatory breaches are identified, you will be responsible for ensuring that all information is collected and advise the regulatory compliance advisor as soon as identified.
You will play a key role in ensuring the team has a proactive approach to ensure that compliance is being adhered to across the retail business.
To be successful you will have:
- Engaging and collaborative leadership style with strong coaching and mentoring skills and experience supervising and developing staff
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Adaptable and able to manage a team through significant change
- Innovative mindset with the ability to identify and build on new opportunities
- Ability to build relationships with a view to influencing stakeholders
- Able to identify compliance breaches and identify areas that may be a compliance risk
- Proven track record in achieving results and the ability to prioritise work in accordance with identified risk (commercial & regulatory) impacts
- Minimum 12 months experience working in the energy market
- Enjoy taking ownership and accountability
- Previous experience in a customer advocacy position, liaising with the ombudsman
- Understanding of the regulatory / legislative framework that governs the energy market
This is a great opportunity to put your brand to the advocacy area and reap the success.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 27th October 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Oct 2020
- VIC - Southbank
- Work Type: