Manager of Vulnerable Customers
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager of Vulnerable Customers
- New team, permanent, full-time role
- Ability to make real meaningful change and be responsible for Alinta's most vulnerable customers
- Southbank, Melbourne (initially working from home)
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager Quality and Process Assurance, this is an exciting opportunity to lead a new team where every step you take in this role will make a real difference to our most vulnerable customers, including life support, hardship and family violence customers. You will be responsible for the full functional ownership of the critical business controls, reports and process designed to ensure that we operate in line with policies and regulatory standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a new team
- Providing considered advice to senior management, ensuring that the business is kept informed of risks, challenges, opportunities and key issues
- Working closely with our compliance, regulatory and government affairs and legal teams to deliver the best outcomes for the business and our customers
- Acting as the business’s expert on vulnerable customers
- Coordinate strategies, plans and processes to ensure services across these functions are operating efficiently and effectively and are achieving regulatory obligations
- Develop and maintain a national vulnerable customer framework that ensures we are delivering the highest standard of care
- Ensure Alinta meets the standards set by the various ombudsmen schemes and regulators
- Improve the financial rehabilitation of vulnerable customers
- Cross functional oversight of the management of all vulnerable customer segments across the lifecycle and channel communication
- Ownership of the hardship debt book and life support customer base
- Building strong external relationships with regulatory bodies, ombudsman schemes, community groups and key stakeholders
To be successful you will have:
- Collaborative, engaging and empowering leadership skills
- Extensive experience in cross functional leadership roles within the Energy industry with emphasis on hardship, life support, family violence and compliance
- Proven experience in understanding energy regulation – specifically a deep understanding of the NECF and ESC jurisdictions
- Experience managing and delivering complex regulatory changes
- Resilient, like a challenge and willing to build really strong relationship and add your brand to this new area
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Self-driven and results focussed and ability to manage through ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and a background in solution design, control treatment and assurance activities
This is a great opportunity for resilient leader who enjoys a challenge, is willing to build really strong relationships and add your brand to this new area You will be a key member of the Customer Operations leadership team and have the opportunity to make a real difference.
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 28th October 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Oct 2020
- VIC - Southbank
- Work Type:
- Full Time