Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
A bit about us:
Alinta Energy supplies natural gas and electricity to 800,000 homes and businesses throughout Australia. Our mission of ‘keeping it fair’ is underpinned by its values of affordability, simplicity, efficiency, and environmental friendliness. With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, and reducing energy expenses, Alinta Energy continues to grow.
A bit about the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Financial Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting Team. The primary objective of the role is to support the Senior Group Finance Manager in the preparation of group consolidated financial reporting. Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Month end accounting procedures, including preparation of monthly journals, supporting work papers, reconciliations, cash flow statements and overall support during the process
- Assist with maintaining the group’s accounting consolidations
- Review of monthly management accounts and preparation of various reports based on financial information
- Statutory Group financial statement preparation in accordance with prescribed accounting standards and pronouncements
- External audit process, including compilation of audit work files and supporting documentation for external auditors
- Technical accounting support and ensuring adherence to accounting standards
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes
What we’re looking for:
- CA or CPA qualified
- 5 years commercial/chartered experience
- Experience in month-end accounting procedures
- Strong technical accounting skills across IFRS and consolidations
- Continuous improvement approach around processes and systems
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications with a focus on Excel
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven interpersonal skills, with ability to gain co-operation and assistance from internal and external parties
- High attention to detail and accuracy
What’s in it for you?
It’s a really exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us. This role will offer you a foot in the door to a meritocratic culture that could lead down various career paths building an extremely bright future for yourself!
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let's spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: Friday 23 March 2018
- Closing Date:
- 23 Mar 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time