Assistant Accountant - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
A great opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team based in the Perth CBD.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the primary objective of the role is to assist in the preparation of month end accounts for the Alinta business as well as completion of accounts receivable daily reconciliations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in delivery of accurate monthly accounts (ALS, Renewables & Alinta Energy WA)
- Assist in preparation of key month end models (inc revenue & cost of sales accruals)
- Assist with corporate reporting: (Balance sheet, cash flow, EBITDA rec, BAS)
- Cash flow - daily updates of bank balance (Ellipse) and daily cash flow model
- Assistance in research on technical accounting matters
- Ad hoc reporting requirements
- Liaise with auditors for the half-year and year-end audit
What we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in either Accounting or Commerce;
- Minimum one year experience in public practice or commerce;
- Part qualified or commencing Accounting qualification (CA, CPA or CIMA) preferable;
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting principles and standards;
- Intermediate Excel skills;
- A positive attitude and the ability to work within a team;
- Self-motivated, helpful and proactive;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to manage productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to operate effectively within a changing environment.
Work with people that know success first hand, that share your passion. The energy is infectious as new growth lands and ideas flow. There are many new directions we are taking and it’s exciting. Choose this path and know your career will accelerate at Alinta Energy.
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Applications close: 6th October 2017
- Closing Date:
- 06 Oct 2017
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time