Energy Improvement Engineer
Energy Improvement Engineer
At Visy, our people make us stand out from the crowd. We’re always seeking solutions, opportunities and possibilities. We look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it. These people are helping us to achieve our vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Together, we can create a better world.
Our Commercial Energy Group drives Visy’s industrial energy efficiency and transition programs across the whole business, with our largest manufacturing divisions having dedicated resources in this space.
Based on the scope of opportunities identified within Visy’s Pulp and Paper division, this newly created role will operate with a reasonable degree of autonomy across our manufacturing and Energy from waste (EfW) sites, nationally, with guidance and support from the Energy Improvement Manager (EIM). Your success will come from your demonstrated technical capability, your ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and your strong influence without authority skillset.
You will be responsible for the development, scoping, and implementation of energy improvement activity within this division – including but not limited to energy efficiency, demand side optimisation, fuel switching, behind the meter generation, and decarbonisation activities.
Your core goals will be to:
- Drive reductions in energy use across the Visy Pulp and Paper manufacturing process
- Project manage and develop detailed business cases with technical and financial feasibility for opportunities covering scope identification, costing, and benefit determination
- Assess new technology options in the market that will increase energy efficiency or provide pathways for decarbonisation for Visy Pulp and Paper assets
- Drive technical understanding and uptake of good energy management systems across multiple manufacturing sites and cross-functional site teams (operations, maintenance, technical)
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Engineering undergraduate degree, preferably Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical
- Industry experience within heavy manufacturing or energy efficiency including experience in practical engineering positions related to operations or process improvement
- Passion for and understanding of energy concepts
- Technically minded
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for working with computers, learning, and using new technologies
- Ability to work both independently (self-sufficient) and with part of a team
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Self-motivated with personal drive for achieving targets
- Flexible to fulfill team’s task
- Commitment to occupational health and safety
When you join Visy, you’re joining a global leader dedicated to making serious progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. We want to find solutions, make an impact and grow our business. If you can help us, you’ll fit right in. There’s never been a better time to join Visy!
Please contact Anelle Mackinlay on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion, or apply now.
- You will be required to meet Visy’s employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing).
- Visy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
- Should you not hear from us within 4-weeks of your application, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Dec 2023
- VIC - Coolaroo
- Work Type:
- Full Time