- Work in an environment supporting the nations infrastructure
- Initial 24 month employment contract
- Attractive salary package with an access to a wide range of benefits.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineering Manager to join the Property and Infrastructure section of Workplace. Within this role you will manage the Bank’s electrical engineering function by providing expert engineering advice and services for the Bank’s operations and facilities in particular to a critical infrastructure upgrade project with datacentre project works. You will develop, project manage and implement appropriate operations practices, critical infrastructure projects and other electrical infrastructure works, with a project officer appointed to support you.
As part of the team you will be responsible for the following:
- Project manage the design, specification, procurement and implementation of critical infrastructure engineering, technology, and electrical projects and related services.
- Provide expert electrical engineering advice and services in relation to the Bank's operations and facilities in all sites.
- Develop and recommend appropriate policies, strategies, procedures, processes and risk management measures in coordination with the Manager, Engineering. Coordinate reviews of Bank’s electrical systems, standards, and procedures.
- Provide specialist support for the ongoing development and implementation of critical infrastructure asset management plans, operations and maintenance plans, and methods of procedure/works for all sites.
The successful applicant will be
- Extensive experience in the installation and commissioning of critical infrastructure systems within a live operating environment with high reliability and availability requirements
- Strong project management skills including cost management scheduling and coordination of works
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering or similar field at a level to satisfy requirements for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Advanced knowledge of electrical systems for critical infrastructure
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller and other monitoring systems configuration and programming.
- Working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards.
What’s on offer? By joining the RBA, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people
- Develop your career in a collaborative environment
- Access to a wide-range of benefits
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
How to Apply
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.