Powerlink Queensland is a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the electricity transmission network in Queensland. We are the central link in the electricity supply chain, transporting high voltage electricity from generators to electricity distribution networks.
Is this you?
Powerlink’s Data and Systems Management team is currently looking for a self-motivated Data Specialist, specialising in Process Automation and Data Modelling and proficient in Alteryx and MS SQL, for a 12 month temporary opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years hands on development / data engineering experience.
- Initiative and eager to try new approaches
- Ability to grasp problems and propose solutions quickly and effectively
- Proven experience in engaging with end users and SMEs to gather requirements for process automation, dashboards and reporting.
- Proven process automation experience.
- Proficiency with Alteryx Platform
- Proficiency in SQL Development and data modelling
- Proven understanding and exposure to data visualisation tools such as Tableau
- Exposure to Agile delivery approach
- BA/BSc degree in Information Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
What will you be doing?
- Engaging with the end-users and SMEs to understand and document their data requirements.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement.
- Designing and implementing Data workflows delivering process automation and data sets that will address previously gathered requirements.
- Presenting the documented requirements, approaches and solutions you have developed to stakeholders.
- Driving the adoption of the developed data and analytics artefacts, by presenting to, and educating end-users and stakeholders.
This role will give you the opportunity to show your creativity in providing solutions to end users data problems.
- Attractive remuneration package and flexible working arrangements
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised cafeteria and on-site gym
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply' button and upload your application, consisting of a covering letter and current resume. This position closes advertising at 8 PM on Sunday 10 November 2019.
This position has been re-advertised, previous applicants need not re-apply.
Powerlink Queensland is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We also support flexible working arrangements, and encourage you to discuss this during the application process.