Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles.
With approximately 850 employees Powerlink is committed to providing a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a passionate, experienced and commercially focused Customer and Account Management professional to join the Powerlink Team.
As a member of the Business Development team, the Connection and Development Manager will play an important part in positioning the company for success by helping to deliver on our vision of being innovative, commercial and customer focussed.
Leading the organisation’s customer management and engagement process, the role will enhance Powerlink’s relationships with existing and potential customers, develop and execute business opportunities, help customers navigate the National Electricity Rules connections process, negotiate formal agreements, investment analysis for customer proposals, and ongoing customer account management including liaising with senior customer representatives and industry stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree level qualification in Engineering, Business, Law, Economics, Commerce or Finance
- Previous experience proactively engaging with and managing internal and external stakeholders to deliver commercial objectives under tight timeframes
- Significant experience in a Business Development, customer relationship or account management role
- Ability to negotiate and manage commercial contracts within an energy, telecommunications, consulting or electricity environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced gained in the transmission, distribution or electricity generation industries
- Familiarity with the NER, NEM, AEMO and AEMC requirements and functions
- Familiarity with system planning, modelling studies and integration of new system generation and loads
- Understanding of substation and lines construction including estimate duration and costs
What’s on offer:
This is a great opportunity to drive real change in a dynamic industry.
The role provides a competitive remuneration package combined with attractive benefits and opportunities for development.
As an EEO employer Powerlink is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce.
If you would like to join us please click on the button below to apply via the PageUp system or alternatively, if you would prefer to send it to us directly, you may do so by emailing your application to email@example.com. Applications close 8 AM Monday 23 July 2018. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
For further information about this opportunity contact Powerlink’s recruitment team and please see the position description below for further information.
PD - Connection and Development Manager - December 2016.pdf