Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles.
With approximately 850 employees Powerlink is committed to providing a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money.
We have a permanent role for an experienced CAD Coordinatorto undertake a variety of essential services on behalf of Technical Information Services team - utilising outsourced resources to ensure technical drawings remain current and stakeholder requests are delivered. This role supports a customer focused group busy driving cross function co-operation and the role will be best suited to a detail oriented person driven to meet client needs.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Maintaining a best practice CAD environment through regular auditing and quality controls
- Developing a CAD management plan to integrate with tactical and operational requirements
- Administration and configuration of the Powerlink CAD System by managing the architecture of the reference files, cell libraries, standards and frameworks
- Subject matter expert to resolve technical issues and implement and promote software upgrades and new applications
- Monitoring, maintaining and supporting plotting and publishing technology
- Assisting in implementation of solutions that link various application packages with CAD and Drawing Management software
- Managing outsourced CAD and Drafting arrangements.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate significant experience in
- CAD administration, setup and configuration (MicroStation & AutoCAD)
- MicroStation and related computer-aided drafting applications
- Interpretation and analysis of engineering data from drawings or field notes
- Drafting, mechanical drawing, engineering principles and drawing production utilising CAD
- Knowledge of Design Office and Plan Library Practices.
Please click on the 'Apply' button and upload your application, consisting of a resume and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role.
Applications close at 8:00am Monday, 16 July 2018.
For further information please review the position description below.