Powerlink Queensland is a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the High Voltage Electricity Transmission network in Queensland. Powerlink's primary role is to provide a safe, cost effective and reliable transmission network to transport high voltage electricity to the electricity distribution networks. Powerlink also transports electricity to large industrial customers such as rail companies, mines and mineral processing facilities that are directly connected to our high voltage network. Powerlink provides these electricity connection services on a non-regulated basis. With a reputation for a great working environment, Powerlink has an opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to join our Business IT Group in a Permanent, Full-Time Technical Services Engineer role.
Role Purpose:The Technical Services Engineer performs two key functions :
- Support of Powerlink’s in-place technology layers, predominantly focussing on logical layers that form the enterprise back-end, and
- Input into Powerlink’s future technology roadmap, taking into consideration changing business drivers, key technical insights gained from supporting the in-place environment. The goal of the position is to meet or exceed Powerlink’s Business IT aims in terms of Service Level Agreements across the broad range of enterprise-level environments, and work with the Technical Services Team Leader to satisfy changing prioritisation needs as and when required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide end to end management of the Powerlink desktop environment comprising of, but not limited to the design, administration, configuration and deployment of client-side Information Systems including SCCM and the Standard Operating Environment (SOE) in order to deliver a robust, reliable computing environment;
- Create and distribute approved software packages to the business utilising Adminstudio and SCCM (or other relevant tools) in accordance with ITIL and best practice service delivery frameworks;
- Manage the monthly operating system patching process for supported operating systems in order to ensure alignment with the corporate patching policy, and to ensure optimal system security for the Powerlink computing platform;
- Monitor the performance of ITIL processes to ensure timely response and resolution timeframes are achieved for service requests submitted by the business;
- Implement service requests relating to Operational upgrades or configuration changes to operational Corporate Information facilities to deliver improved computing services to the business;
- Collaborate with PPD to provide Client Systems support to all IT&T Projects and Tasks across the business to ensure the efficient and cost-effective delivery of IT Project programs of work.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology
- MCSE or equivalent level certification in Windows 7 - current/Server 2012 or above
- Relevant professional qualifications in ITIL practices and/or other applicable audit or industry standards.
For further information about this opportunity, please see the Position Description below. Please click on the "Apply" button below to apply. Applications close at 11.55 pm on Friday, 7 July 2017. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application. Please be advised that this role requires a Criminal History Check for the successful candidate.
Position Description: Tech Services Engineer NRM Update.pdf