Powerlink Queensland is a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the High Voltage Electricity Transmission network in Queensland. Powerlink's primary role is to provide a safe, cost effective and reliable transmission network to transport high voltage electricity to the electricity distribution networks. Powerlink also transports electricity to large industrial customers such as rail companies, mines and mineral processing facilities that are directly connected to our high voltage network. Powerlink provides these electricity connection services on a non-regulated basis. With a reputation for a great working environment, Powerlink has an opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to join our Business IT Group in a Permanent, Full-Time IT Enterprise Architect role.
The purpose of the IT Enterprise Architect role is to lead the practical definition, management and delivery of the IT enterprise architecture, architectural principles and standards and implementation plan in alignment with the Business IT Strategy including supporting, advising and monitoring the change teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define, manage and monitor delivery of the IT enterprise architecture, across Business IT including delivery of supporting artefacts such as standards and procedures to enable effective and efficient delivery of IT solutions and services. This includes contributing to the development, evaluation and implementation of IT solution architectures and designs and defining, managing and monitoring the IT enterprise baseline for Business-IT.
- Lead the development of and manage activities to promote awareness and adoption of the IT enterprise architecture, and provide mentoring and training.
- Lead the translation of business priorities into architectures and strategies to enable delivery of appropriate solutions. This includes contributing to IT planning activities by developing target state architectures, roadmaps, and associated plans as well as developing and maintaining Enterprise Baselines.
- Lead the management of risks, issues, resources and work schedules to ensure the successful end-to-end implementation and ongoing improvement of the IT enterprise architecture and associated deliverables.
- Lead the development of submissions, presentations, responses, briefs, reports and correspondence related to enterprise architectural matters. This includes leading and facilitating meetings, workshops and committees related to IT architecture, strategy or planning.
Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as Business IT, Commerce/Business, Computer or Information Science, Mathematical Sciences, Systems Analysis or a lesser qualification with significant relevant experience.
TOGAF Certified (Level II)
For further information about this opportunity, please see the Position Description below. Please click on the "Apply" button below to apply. Applications close at 11.55 pm on Wednesday, 31 May 2017. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
Position Description - IT - IT Enterprise Architect - 09 January 2017.pdf