Communications and Control Technicians & Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Powerlink Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Communications and Control Technicians & Specialist
At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As a Communication and Control Technician or Communication and Control Specialist, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to more than five million Queenslanders and 253,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we’re gearing up for an even brighter future, working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us grow our impact and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As a Communication and Control Technician or Communication and Control Specialist, you’ll help find clever solutions to interesting problems as you grow your skills every day. And you’ll do it with down-to-earth people who you’re proud to work with and get to know. Here’s how:
- You enjoy continual learning, working in a supportive and collaborative team environment, are highly accountable, take pride in providing a quality service and have a keen interest in working on technologically advanced systems.
- Bring your experience and knowledge of; maintenance, testing and commissioning of multiplex systems (PDH, SDH, and DWDM), MPLS-TP, fibre optic, and microwave; maintenance
- Testing and commissioning of associated Control and SCADA systems, in the field or test centre environment; automated and microprocessor controlled test instruments; and analysing and fault finding on complex electrical circuitry and schemes.
- If you do not already hold an Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma in Electrical or Communications/Electronics Engineering or equivalent, it is expected that you have significant progress towards one and continue to undertake studies to achieve or be willing to obtain. Powerlink will support you toward achieving this!
We are recruiting for multiple positions in Gladstone for this role.
What you’ll bring
- An Electrical or Electronics and Communications Trade Certificate
- An Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma in Electrical or Communications/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- A current ‘C’ Class drivers licence
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you'll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day.
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there’s three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You'll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Family-friendly roster
- 12.75% superannuation
- Volunteer leave and 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay
- Health and wellbeing benefits, including corporate health plan with employee discounts, annual flu vaccinations, and access to Employee Assistance Program.
- Relocation packages availabl
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter.
Applications close 3rd December 2023. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to: reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks.
We’re proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and commit to respond to every applicant.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Dec 2023
- QLD - Gladstone
- Work Type:
- Full Time