Lead Engineer - Energy Storage
Lead Engineer - Energy Storage
In this position you will join our Energy business, with a focus on support the decarbonisation revolution, and in particular decarbonisation of the WA resource and utility energy systems.
You will play an integral part in a team of highly skilled specialists that ‘bring ideas to life’ for our clients across all types of energy infrastructure - from developing new power projects such as large-scale renewable power generation and large energy storage projects to supporting major power generation industries and users through the energy transition and decarbonisation.
We know the work we do is vital in assisting our world’s economic development and, it’s the technical expertise and the depth of knowledge of our people that really sets us apart.
Here are the key things you will do to ‘bring ideas to life’.
- Advise our clients on the development and implementation of renewable power generation projects, energy storage projects, islanded grids and transmission level power networks operation
- Join one of the largest Australian community of specialists in grid scale renewable power generation and energy storage, to work collaboratively across the business and with clients bringing diverse skillsets together and innovation to complex problems
- Be responsive to client’s needs and have a reputation for quality and timely advice, providing planning advice to our clients on their power generation assets operation and development
- Lead the industry with the deployment of innovative projects in the energy storage and inverters-based generation markets in an increasingly challenging technical environment
We know today’s complex challenges can only be solved through bringing together diverse teams of people from across our business, so there will be opportunities for you to apply your skills and creativity to projects in other geographies and markets.
What we are looking for:
- You will also be degree qualified and have post-graduation experience in a power industry role as a consultant or as a power project developer/owner/contractor.
- You are conversant with the Powerfactory tool, and you can use models to drive planning and design activities, including transmission and distribution systems and inverter-based generation systems.
- A strong understanding of power generation and/or electrical engineering at grid scale level will be required for this role.
- You must have experience at high voltage level (33 kV and above) and have delivery experience of large energy projects (30 MW and above).
- Previous consultancy experience including direct engagement with clients will be a plus in this role.
- Site and practical experience with power generation, energy storage, islanded grids, or transmission power systems are also a plus for this role.
Finally, we value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life. Does that sound like you?
- WA - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution