Lead Electrical Transmission Lines Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Lead Electrical Transmission Lines Engineer
Want to bring ideas to life?
As an engineer you’re no doubt aware of Aurecon – we’ve been a leading design, engineering and advisory company for decades. But why should you choose to join us?
Every project Aurecon delivers leaves a legacy. Every project has sustainability embedded in decision making. And every project is at the leading-edge of technical eminence.
How will your ideas contribute to shaping what’s next?
You’ll be a vital part of the team who are changing the way we design and deliver major works to be carbon neutral and sustainable. You will facilitate the design, construction and commissioning of projects for electricity transmission networks and contribute to renewable energy generation projects.
Your role will include:
- Lead and support design activities associated with electrical installations across Australian energy industries
- Responsible for engineering activities including providing guidance and support throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and industry best practice
- Collaborate with other departments, such as structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental, and project management teams to ensure projects achieve KPIs and client requirements
- Mentor and support the development of less experienced team members
- Conduct site visits as required to facilitate design and construction
How will your future be shaped by us?
Joining Aurecon means you’ll be at the award-winning edge of innovation and sustainability. AFR ranked us Top 5 among sustainability leaders and Top 3 of all innovative companies in professional services. One Consult awarded us an innovative design award. Plus, we were Consult Australia’s large firm of the year.
On a personal level you’ll have access to flexible work hours, remote work, working holidays, part-time and job share options.
What are we looking for from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a related field recognised by Engineers Australia
- Significant experience in overhead electricity transmission projects with Australian network service providers (experience in underground transmission is desirable)
- Strong understanding of electricity transmission systems
- Experience in various electrical calculation software packages including PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, TOWER, CDEGS, etc.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory standards and codes related to transmission line design and installation such as AS/NZS7000, AS 1154, AS/NZS 1170, IEC 60071
- Chartered Professional Engineer accreditation or eligible candidates are highly regarded
Think you know Aurecon? You may be surprised.
Aurecon’s strength has always been our people. It’s our people who build our shared purpose and bring ideas to life. It’s our people who imagine and co-create with our clients a better future for people and the planet
Ready to bring ideas to life?
Then please apply. Remember, it’s you and how you bring ideas to life which are important. Your background, unique needs and individuality will be valued. Visit our website to learn more at www.aurecongroup.com
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution