Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, around $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
This is a permanent opportunity based at Mayne Yard in Bowen Hills. The hours are Monday to Friday 38 hours per week.
Your purpose in this position
Your role will be Electrical Engineering for the Passenger Rollingstock Maintenance Engineering team. You will need to be adaptable to a diverse range of situations and be motivated to develop new competencies whilst improving the safety and performance of our Rollingstock.
You will be required to collaborate effectively with other disciplines and peers whilst moving with our Engineering team through the 4th industrial revolution, all while growing the availability, reliability and cost effectiveness of Queensland Rail's Passenger rollingstock fleet for the community.
Some of your day to day responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assistance to front line maintenance staff and contractors.
- Investigating, solving and rolling out improvements to safety and performance.
- Monitoring rollingstock performance, developing investigation plans, completing tests, analyzing data and making recommendations.
- Investigating obsolescent or out of date systems and implement creative and industry best practice solutions for new equipment and work practices.
- Developing scopes of work, specifications, instructions, design drawings and other documents to local and industry best practice standards.
- Managing safety, reliability and cost improvement projects for rollingstock modifications, overhauls and general maintenance.
- Conducting quality audits on maintenance procedures and practices.
- Using the corporate maintenance management systems and other required PC based systems to undertake your engineering responsibilities.
Key selection criteria include demonstrating:
- A keen interest for developing new competencies, and for lifelong learning.
- Substantial skills in interpersonal, written and oral communication.
- Motivation to invest time in training and self-improvement
- Substantial skills in undertaking technical investigations, testing, problem solving, component failure analysis, component trials and preparation of technical reports.
- An Electrical Engineering background in the technical design, operation, maintenance, servicing or repair of industrial equipment.
- Strong skills in the use of PC and mainframe-based applications, particularly in using technology to assist you in working smarter.
- A commitment to, and to work within, Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviors.
- A commitment to using your Engineering work to benefit the community.
To be considered for this role you will need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering that is recognised in Australia.
Experience in Maintenance Engineering in other industries is valuable in applying for the role.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The Salary range on offer for this role is $90 828- $96 083 plus Super!
Apply to position number 72924 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, Wednesday 3rd June 2020.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity contact Colette Brock on (07) 3072 2568.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a medical assessment/alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.