Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
As the Signal Electrician, you can anticipate some of your daily duties will include:
- Install, maintain and repair signalling equipment including telemetry equipment in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Repair and adjust mechanical signalling equipment as required.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program, and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- QLD Electrical Fitter and Mechanic Licence
- C Class Drivers Licence – QLD
- MUST hold a Certificate IV Electrical Rail Signalling
- Current CPR / LVR Certificate
- Knowledge of wayside signalling equipment
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers a healthy work/ life balance.
Total Remuneration Package is $138,694 including Superannuation.
Apply to position number 72437 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by the 9 am, 13th of December 2019.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity email Liam McKeown at email@example.com