We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Queensland Rail is seeking a qualified Signal Electrician to carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of all signalling equipment and report on the performance and condition of the signalling asset to ensure it's safe and effective operation.
This role can be based at either Maryborough or Bundaberg depot.
The responsibilities of the Signal Electrician include:
- Install, maintain and repair signalling equipment including telemetry equipment in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Repair and adjust electrical / mechanical signalling equipment as required.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program, and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- Electrical Fitter & Mechanic Licence.
- National C class drivers licence.
- Sound knowledge of wayside signalling equipment and relevant installation and maintenance standards.
- Sound skill in the installation, maintenance and fault rectification of wayside signalling equipment.
- Sound knowledge of signalling Safeworking practices and principles.
- Sound knowledge of the WH&S Act and relevant Queensland Rail policies and procedures.
- Sound interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Permanent, full time
Salary range (experience/ competencies dependent): $57, 556 - $71,179 + callout and standby allowances + super
Apply to position number 73531 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Friday 26th May 2017.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply. We support working flexibly and encourage candidates to have a discussion around flexible work arrangements.