Senior Development Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
WestWind Energy Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Development Manager
Who We Are
WestWind Energy is an Australian company dedicated to the development, construction, operation and management of infrastructure-scale renewable energy facilities in Australia. We are a mid-sized team of passionate individuals who love what we do and where we work. We care about each other, and believe in supporting employees to be the best they can be. We work hard, but also value work/life balance.
About the role
Join our team as our Senior Development Manager, where you'll spearhead a dynamic development team in the wind energy sector. In this pivotal role, reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, you will oversee all facets of wind project development, from site identification and land acquisition to grid connection and environmental studies. Your responsibilities will span planning, permitting, and addressing land-related matters, ultimately guiding projects from inception to construction hand-over, and leading a small team of passionate project developers.
Your proven track record in delivering wind energy projects, coupled with strong leadership skills, positions you as an ideal candidate. Whether you already manage a development team or possess the leadership acumen to do so, this role demands a commercially savvy, well-rounded team player who cares about the success of the team.
As the Senior Development Manager, you will actively engage in key tasks while providing effective management and guidance to your team throughout the development process. Our workplace culture emphasizes support, flexibility, and genuine work/life balance, ensuring a positive and professional environment.
This will be a challenging yet rewarding role, where your expertise will drive the success of our wind energy projects.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in the wind energy industry, with a minimum of 4-5 years as a wind energy project developer.
- Proficient in project management, strong leadership, and mentoring skills.
- Tertiary engineering or related technical qualification.
- Comprehensive understanding of wind energy, including wind resource assessments, site evaluations, wind turbine technology, and the entire wind farm development process.
- High professional standard in English communication (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Ability to thrive under pressure with a solution-focused attitude.
- Effective management of competing priorities in a high-paced environment.
- Capability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven organizational and time management skills within a project environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated initiative.
- Leadership capabilities and analytical/critical thinking.
- Commercial acumen and adept negotiation skills.
- Professional approach and confident manner.
- Positive orientation toward change.
- Resilient, critical thinking.
- Ability to relate and collaborate with a diverse group of individuals.
Unrestricted, Permanent Rights to Work in Australia will be required for this role.
West Wind Energy is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, gender-diverse folks, and people with disabilities. In addition, WWE will provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process for those who need it. If you identify as a person who requires adjustments for equitable access to the application, recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process, please advise us on the details below.
For a copy of the position description, support with your application, or more information about the role please contact email@example.com.
- Work Type:
- Full Time